Thursday 29 September 2011

My A5 red Amazona Part 2: Unboxing and review!

Hi everyone!

If you haven't read Part 1 of this 2-part post, please read it now :)

Sorry I didn't post this on Sunday like I said I would, I have had so much work to do this week! But my Amazona is helping me stay organised!

So last Wednesday I was eagerly awaiting 2 deliveries, 1 was of course my lovely new A5 Amazona on its way from ebay, and the other was a HUGE bookcase I ordered for my new uni room. Unfortunately I had to go to work that afternoon, but my housemate stayed behind to wait for the deliveries (thanks very much!) and soon texted me to tell me that the bookcase had arrived... and then a minute later texted me to tell me that a package had arrived for me too! I was very pleased to know that they had both arrived safely :) But I had to make sure I didn't get too excited, because I still had 4 hours at work, and couldn't play with either of them until I got home!
I have to admit something, readers... I was more excited about the bookcase than I was about the filo! But don't scold me too much, I have a valid reason- I am a very practical girl, and I have been looking forward to getting my room organised properly ever since I moved to this room without any storage- because everything was on the floor until I set my bookcase up! And one especially good thing about my new bookcase was that it would have a whole shelf dedicated to my Filofax collection!! So I wanted to get this sorted out before I opened the package with my new filo in it, because I knew I would not be able to do any housework at all that evening once I had my beautiful new Filo in my hands!
My new bookcase is huge! I tried to get it up the stairs myself and nearly managed it, but in the end I had to wait for one of my housemates to come home and help me. Finally I got it into my room and cleaned it, then I let myself go downstairs and open up my parcel!

I was so excited, I wanted to rip it open right away and see my beautiful new filofax, but of course, being a good blogger, I made sure I took photos of the unboxing for you guys!

With my phone covering up the address
It was REALLY well wrapped! But I was so tired I couldn't be bothered to go all the way back upstairs to find my scissors, so I spent about 10 minutes trying to rip open the thick packaging with my finger tips!
The first sneaky-peak of the 'Filofax' sign :)
I finally got all the packaging off to reveal the lovely Filofax black box!

I reeealllyy had to hold back, because I wanted to rip all the packaging off to see my lovely filo! But I wanted to take it all in first!
An actual A5 Amazona :D OOOHHHH!!!

Grrrr!! Why all the packaging! I just want to see my filo as soon as I open up the box!!
Actually, considering this was second hand, I am really surprised it had all this packaging! Proof that it is in great, almost-brand-new, condition!


Finally! I cast my eyes on my beautiful new Filofax! Isn't it gorgeous!!!

I can't tell you how much I love this Filofax! Well, I can, and will do so in bullet-point form!

  • The colour is gorgeous- fun but professional, grown up and delicious
  • I love the print, and the feel of it. This was an issue for me when I saw the Amazona (pocket and personal sizes) in the Filofax shop. But I'm so happy with the print on my filofax! It doesn't feel plasticky, but gorgeous and leathery like other people have described. I think I love the print on my A5 and I didn't on the smaller sizes, because it's such a large print that it's out of proportion and looks too big on the smaller filos, but perfect on the A5! 
  • The size- as I said, perfect for uni work organisation
  • The secretarial pocket, which I LOVE! It's so handy!
  • The vertical card pockets- I really prefer this configuration than horizontal slots
Amazona, Amazona, how'd you get so pretty? 
As I said before, the communication from the ebay seller was brilliant. She told me when she would dispatch it, and once she had sent it off she emailed me to tell me. She didn't have to, but she did, and I think that was brilliant, so reassuring! She even included a really sweet touch:

She put a card inside the filofax! That was so sweet! And I love sweet peas too!
Here is what she wrote inside it:
How lovely!

So a couple of days later I took photos in the proper day light, to show you my Amazona in its full glory!

Hmm... actually, you need to see her in person to REALLY appreciate her! Anyone coming to the November Philofaxy meet-up will get to see her and a lot more from my collection! I can't wait!!
And a couple more shots for some gratuitous filofax p*rn-



3 comments:

  1. congrats! it really is gorgeous and I'm certain you will love planning in your new A5. thanks for sharing! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would you suggest the Amazona A5 or the Luxe A5?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I haven't seen the Luxe A5 very much, but I know that it has smaller rings than the Amazona (5mm smaller), and in my personal opinion, I prefer the layout of the Amazona, as the secretarial pocket is very useful, and people have been complaining that the notepad pocket on the back of the Luxe is annoying because the bottom is open so you can't use it to store things! So it's up to your personal choice, but I would recommend the Amazona!!

      Delete